Sunday, November 7, 2010

The Skeleton in Armor

The Skeleton in Armor was one of my favorite poems we read in class so far.  I thought it was very cool and interesting that he could tell so much about this person just by looking at his skeleton.  I also thought that this poem was very meaningful because the skeleton was almost speaking to the writer.  If the writer would have gotten one part wrong, it could have changed the entire story.  It was important that the writer pay very close attention and get every detail exactly right.  This poem told is a narrative poem because it is just a story.  It tells a story but in the form of a poem.  It flows like a poem and has a rhyme scheme.  I like how this story paints a picture, and I can almost see it all happening.  His life was very intersting and it is amazing that the writer of this poem could get his entire life story just by looking at his remains and skeleton.

1 comment: